Steven and Aaron bought me a juicer for my birthday last year. I love making tasty juice without all of the added crap, but I had all of this leftover pulp. We could use it as compost, but it’s very involved. We aren’t there yet. I thought maybe I could add it to granola and started looking up multiple recipes for inspiration. Here is what I came up with!
• 2 1/2 cups whole rolled oats
• 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/4 cup organic brown sugar
• 1/2 cup of mixed nuts and raisins (from the bulk bin at the grocery store)
• 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
• leftover pulp from juicer (apple, carrot, greens and pear pulp)
Preheat oven to 325. Grease pan. Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Press mixture into pan. Bake ~20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 min, then cut into bars. Cool completely before serving. Can be wrapped in individual bars for treats/breakfast.